Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered_101

Hi Uncle MK

Thanks for replying,

I will google up what you mentioned and try to brush up on my analysis skills.

I do see property investment as one of my stronger points, but of course still a lot to learn to this regard thankfully there are many good property related blogs around. As you know the property market has a longer cyclical period and it can be 5 years or so before timing comes right to enter the market. I built up a small war chest to either pay up my mortgage if things get really bad or to reinvest back into the property market if the timing is right. In the meantime they languish in a Fixed Deposit earning minimal interest, the stock market interest I suppose is to find a way to get a better interest & return during the 3/5 years between peak and trough. Not to mention liquidity.

The experiences shared by local friend from personal business experiences are interesting but the more interesting stories I hear are from my overseas friends who sometime face certain life threatening situations during business dealings, corruption, protest etc Its something not many locals are exposed to due to our regulated / safe environments.

From your experiences be great if you could share and instance where you had a very challenging situation and how it was overcome (i.e, sheer luck, timing, perseverance), and how many people are working in your firm and do you feel a sense of responsibility to them and their families to keep the company profitable or maybe people management if it came to terminating their employment etc

Have a good weekend.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle MK View Post
To the post by 101,

Thank you for the well wishes. Uncle does't know about any magic formula but this quantitative guide; Business Nature, Management Style, Financials and Valuations. In this case, observe the guide to learn about fundamentals before making a decision.

Since you're into properties, why not continue progressing in a cautious manner. Perhaps, your strength lies at property investing. Sometimes, uncle attributed this ability to passion and experiences.

To your kins, it must be close misses and shaves. Traumatic and Exciting I should say.

Yes, I may reveal some non-sensitive information but only when I can recall interesting ones, anonymity provides a good way to share humble experiences. What are you interested to know?

Take care.