Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a question - why would someone want to join MINDEF DXO?

I mean for girls, perhaps they've not experienced how the military operates, the initial supposed higher starting pay seems to be attractive. But it's pretty much a dead-end job no? Even backoffice at a bank pays way better and the people here asking are all with second upper and above, surely getting an interview with any BO should be quite straightforward?

And about job scope? It's a mundane 8 to 5, no stress hardly anything to do - why would any fresh graduate aspire to do that? You studied 16 years to do nothing? It seems like a nice place to retire but to build your careers for starters, are you worried about having no worklife balance and so on?
From the girl's perspective - Not everything is about the pay and the opportunity to climb up the corporate ladder. I've got a friend working in the audit department, fresh grad and her starting pay is a couple hundred shy of 4k. Which is good enough for her, since she's engaged to a guy who's doing super well himself, and she'd rather have the stability and benefits that come with a government job.