Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary Check [Engineering] Maritime
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Millionaire Member

Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulala View Post
lol extreme BS. people in the finance industry works 7 days a week, clocking more than 100 hours of work. when you want to sleep also cannot, us market open. most of time not only need to clear mountains of paperwork, but still also need to por lan pa. so people who want to be slaves to their boss and just por lan pa go ahead
I dont know what department you are in if you are in the financial services industry, but no matter where you are, you need to work smart. If you choose those back office roles in banks for example, you are condemned to long working hours and little appreciation in terms of monetary compensation, simply because you are in cost center roles and not revenue generating roles. To prove my point, I am working in the treasury department of the preferred banking division in a bank and my key role is to support the Relationship managers(RM) and provide investment advice. As this is a client fcaing role, I can a cut of the commissions earned by all the RMs I support. Compensation is fantastic when times are good, and I dont work weekends, maybe till 7 or 8 on weekdays. You dont mind that extra 1,2 hours of work if you are surrounded by pretty banking chicks.....