Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary Check [Engineering] Maritime
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2010, 08:56 PM

wulala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
Compare the above-mentioned with me:
I wear nice tailored shirts and trousers complete with cufflings to work everyday.
Office is a new, nice downtown skyscraper in Raffles place complete with superb air-conditioning. Restaurants, eateries, pubs and shopping centers are just minutes away.
My colleagues are mostly young,nubile office ladies. These are the kind of people I work with all the time. We also hang out and have fun together after work.
There are virtually no safety related problems.
I am on 5 day work week. Unheard of to work on weekends as financial markets are closed.
Compensation is good, with a high base salary and fat bonuses if you perform well. (Definitely higher than the engineering industry)

Retrenchment is not an issue as it happens in every industry, you just need to make as much money as possible when times are good.

I am in the financial services industry.

Why would anyone want to be a marine onsite engineer after comparing the above? It is no brainer! Switch career immediately!!
lol extreme BS. people in the finance industry works 7 days a week, clocking more than 100 hours of work. when you want to sleep also cannot, us market open. most of time not only need to clear mountains of paperwork, but still also need to por lan pa. so people who want to be slaves to their boss and just por lan pa go ahead