Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - opportunity overseas
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Default 5051

You are right I could be too dreamy about moving to AU without looking at the Cons.
I was expecting to rent 1st in my 1st 6 mths to 1 yr in the suburb where I work (which is already half hr drive away from central SYD)

The location for house I am looking at is a suburb 30mins drive from central, unfortunately the hse prices there are 800k to 1.1m. I will consider to stay further away after settling down and familiarising with the area.

I have recently gotten a 15% pay increment from my current position and will be moving to the new post in early 2016. Its a different scope from what I am interviewing for with AU. After some research on salary benchmarking, I do see that I am at salary ceiling for what I do, hence it would be more viable to stay in SIngapore given the job opportunities here.

I am awaiting the offer and hopefully have clarity to the numbers and what it can mean for me and my family. I will also discount the fact that this number could be what I see (stagnant) for the next couple of years.

In singapore I have experienced average 10 to 15% increment with a job hop, this is modest. But I do not know if AU is worse off. Definitely not a place for wealth accumulation