Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - opportunity overseas
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now based in SG, I received a call and completed 2 rounds phone interview with a retail company with its HQ in Syd. After calculations, the annual salary I expect may hit the 35 to 40% tax. Does this mean I effectively shave off 30+% off my net income because of tax?
Means paycut of 30+% for this job in Syd?

Currently in SG I dont pay much tax because of the many relief I can apply for. My annual is pre CPF 120k per annum, with very little tax paid. Post CPF I am drawing est 130k.

If I move to SYD on a similiar salary scale, I can expect to pay
approx 30+% on tax
$2500 monthly on rental for a decent 3 rm apartment in a suburb where my office will be
travel/ transport, - negligible as cars are cheap. I expect to buy a $20k small sedan.
Au Pair expenses and pay is approx $1k a mth. I will bring my helper and apply her as au pair if possible as my youngest is close to her and I rely on her a lot.

I am prepared for a pay cut, maybe what is acceptable will be $100k net income after taking away all these expenses. Is this wishful thinking?
What you are alluding to is tax equalized and COLA adjusted pay package. Unfortunately I think such considerations are usually not given to entry level manager's local package.

What you can do is to try and negotiate some sort of one-off payment to cover relocating expenses. My personal take is this offer doesn't really make sense for you - too much personal risk, effective pay cut, lots of hassle and does not seem to really help in building up your CV for future career progression.