Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Process Technician (Senior) in Pharmaceutical industry
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedd View Post
I got the job through jobcentral, the company got the agency to do the recruiting. Its the typical XXXX job up to $XXX salary adverts you see. I will be signing the contract with the agency and the company itself. Interview was done by the company just like a normal job etc.

So you're telling me now i'm considered a contractor for the agency? So i'm officially not employed under the company? Does this mean i don't get company benefits or? Is this the case for all jobs under agency?

Also is there any rule stating that you cannot swap to the company directly after a certain period of time? Obviously under table stuff, agency mentioned gotta do that job min 3 months, after that can i quit and join the company itself?
It depends on your employment letter. Most of the contractor agency work by signing a contract with the agency and another supplement contract saying you are seconded by the agency to the employer. Interview will be done by the employer cauz they at least have to like you before they allow the agency to contract you to them.

Your payroll and main employment letter has to be from the employer itself, otherwise you are considered a contractor from the agency.

Under the table stuff only happens for middle & above level positions, no employer is going to jeopardize the relationship with the agency and expose themselves to lawsuits for a entry level blue collar worker. Industry practice is you must quit the agency & cool off for 6 months before the employer can hire you direct.

First thing you should do is to clarify whether your headcount is the employer or the agency side. And join on the basis that you are ok with the 1.9k + 140 package, don't fantasize about the company pulling stunt on your behalf to up your pay after a few months, nobody will be bothered to do such things for a poly freshie technician.