Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Nielsen salary
Thread: Nielsen salary
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Knowing how to click on statistical software is different from knowing how to use regression analysis.
Did u do any diagnostic tests to check for normality, multicollinearity, and homoscedasticity?
if the model failed any of the test, how do u proceed?
How do u choose the the independent variables? by experience? based on empirical result? stepwise or some other forms of selection process? Is the model variation in discrete selection process a concern? If so, should I use penalty regression instead?

And that is just the model building stage. There are many more other issues to take note of at the inference stage.
Yea we do have some data QC procedures that we need to check for before processing. Normality yes, the other 2 I don't know.

I'm not trying to offend anybody who truly likes data crunching or doing academic stuff, but I highly doubt most normal jobs out there in the consultancy world really require the sort of knowledge you are saying. These sound more like university research than real world consultancy.

I look around my office of 70+ people and maybe 2-3 principals who are actuaries will be involve in this sort of stuff, but then they are very experienced subject matter experts and are probably paid like >20k. The rest of us are really just doing simple analytic. I am sure Neilsen isn't hiring him at 4k to do any of the things you are suggesting.