Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - front office - career advice
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
tried applying.
no response, could be due to poor market conditions leading to freezing hiring head count. I dont eliminate the possibility of that.

either way, i've been advised to give sales role a try because of my eloquence, outlook and personal experience in investments. (>50k real cash, its not huge, but just in case some people are trying to point out i join virtual competitions, please, don't)

Personal experience in investing wouldn't matter in a sales role unfortunately. You'll find out why when you join. SCB is a dying company, it keeps going through hiring and firing cycle, I would personally stay clear.

And if you want to go for managerial role in the future, it would be better for you to think what kind of managerial role you want. Please don't tell me anything is fine as long as it is a manger, cause that is totally not an answer. From sales you will probably go towards a sales managerial role, which is probably not what most people want unless they are really into sales. I am not saying moving to products or other functions are not possible, it is just very difficult and not the common path.