Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
AVP/VP are standard titles that most people will get once they stay long enough in the industry. I don't think these levels are even considered managerial in mega mncs, pay is maybe average or above average, not that fantastic. SVP is a bit better and the # of positions are lesser. Other than sales, the big $$$ that most people fantasize about really only comes in at the ED / MD & above levels which vast majority of the employees in banking industry will never smell in their lives.
Base on my recruitment experience so far if you compare international banks and big pharma like GSK, Norvatis, Pfizer, Roche etc. I would say the equivalent for BO/MO is roughly:

AVP - Assistant Manager / Analyst
VP - Local Manager / Senior Analyst
SVP - Regional Manager
MD - Regional Director

The only difference in banking is they tend to create a lot of sub levels like VP1, VP2, VP3 etc. which is more or less the same thing and for recognition of experience or years of service.

It used to be that once you reach MD in a bank you are considered to have "make it", but nowadays many banks have inflated their titles so badly that a bank can literally have a few hundred to a few thousand MDs which means many entry level MDs are not strictly MD either in terms of pay or rank.