Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

You are right. Our time on this earth is limited. We will all die. Most of us will live to 85, the most if you are healthy. We don't need to hoard so much wealth as we will not bring all our wealth to the grave. We must plan our life such that we live a meaningful life. Plan it such that we have time to enjoy the fruits of our labour, spend quality and quantity time with our family and doing volunteer social work. I don't plan to accumulate more and more wealth. Instead I invest my time in building a family. I focus in bringing up kids who are strong in their character and inculcate positive values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wealth should be adjusted against age to determine how well one life is. A person attaining $5m only when he reaches age 55 versus someone who can do so when he's 40 is very different. Time on this world is limited to everyone, and being able to enjoy one's wealth while still young is happiness versus someone who had to work his whole life to achieve wealth at older age, but had limited time and health to enjoy his rewards. Our body ages as we grow old and it is not reversible no matter how much wealth we achieve later in life. Wealth is a journey not an end so most importantly do something you like you life and build your wealth as you progress and enjoy the fruits of your labour along the way.