Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Contract is ending at the end of the year and I have yet to secure another job after a few months of job search. So far I have been mostly applying for permanent roles only to not much avail as I only have slightly more than a year of experience. Should I just jump to another contract job or should I still stubbornly wait for a permanent job? Seeing how bleak the economy is going to be really worries me.
My opinion, I have ever been in a 1 yr contract when I 1st started my career, it sux and I feel bad when I am in it, then the economy was also bad. I was in a 1 yr contract, renewable but I decided not to renew as contract staff in the company was treated like 2nd class citizens, with a different namecard.
continue to apply to perm, your history with contract job would not be a factor, I dun think the job market is very bad. I have recently found a perm job, but I have close to 10 yrs exp.
It boils down to how well you did in the interview.
But in the event you do not find a perm job, dont be dishearten, you can paint the "contract job" in your resume as close to your career goals as possible and be sure to highlight your achievements, dun need to remind or inform the interviewer you were previously on contract.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app