Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
While I am no big fan of big 4, let's not exaggerate the situation. An accountant or finance reporting on corporate side does not necessarily give better work life balance either. Many have tight monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines and working long hours is pretty common as well.

Give & take my assessment is a typical average Big 4 employee's progression in terms of pay & promotion is roughly similar to corporate finance in a large local company. Not too bad, but neither is it like what most fresh grads fantasize about rubbing shoulders with high flyers and elites.
i dont seriously think anyone who enters Big 4 expects to rub shoulders with high fliers and the financial elite except for the most wide eyed biz school student/grad

it is the safe and dependable path. the more ambitious or unrealistic ones depending on how you look at it would have set their eyes on banking or other sectors since early on in their freshman days. no matter how you spin it, Big 4 work is your run of the mill white collar work. essential but not terribly exciting

the kids who are enamoured by the supposedly prestigious name soon learn that it is not exactly the case