Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

i can totally relate, i too quitted and left the same day after fallout with my boss. but i did so after testing the market through random resume spamming and see quite good hit rate. and managed to get 3 offers within 1.5 months before accepting on the one i like.

i guess you have to be sure what you want for your new job. i too struggled for awhile with that. spend time gg thru job portals, click on the different job roles. this is a good time to reflect and find out what you really want. just spam ur resumes, even for jobs u only have slight interest in. then u'll know how relevant your prior exp are to the different roles. take the chance to talk the interviewers about ur past exp and what u want to do. even u dont get the job, u learn abt urself. 3 months 3 interviews too few..

also, it's impt not to waste time rotting at home while jobless. go do free online courses like coursera. take a course in the field u might be interested in, to find out more abt the role and whether u like it or not. if u do, share this with ur interviewers, tell them u put in effort to explore this field and u really like it because of blah blah blah. this will change their impression on u, i personally realise

goodluck!