Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Stagnant with no opportunities
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi TS,

With your current work experience, you'll have no trouble landing interviews. Many of these jobs are in the 'hidden' market. The closest you can get to these jobs would be through the branded recruitment firms.. robert walters sort.

From what you say, it's about contentment in life. Are you contented with your life as it is? If yes, there's no reason to move. If no, then plan your life, get confident. I consider myself socially inapt, but can portray myself as confident if I want to. You first have to want to do it. Then do it.

Having said all these, I am also in a transitional phase in life. I'm in a civil service analyst position (non-scholar) earning 3.5k, worked hard for a yr with an above avg performance, only to be given a 170 annual increment. I've made up my mind to move on. In fact, mgmt consulting is one field I am interested in. Please share on how you chanced upon your job?
i am also from govt. engineer position. fresh grad 3.5k.
i studied chem. eng.
i know i am higher paid than most of my peers in smaller MNCs.
Even my frens in shell and exxonmobil are only slightly higher/comparable with me.
However, sometimes i also think of long-term prospects would i earn more staying or gg to real chem eng job...

btw TS, i also thought of petrochem consulting... is your company CMXX ? Or ICXX?
mind telling us your background too? =)