Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I assume you start work in july 2006

July 2006 >>> $2800
July 2007 >>> ???
July 2008 >>> ???
July 2009 >>> ???
July 2010 >>> $3900

With 4 years of experience, And I assume you had 1 promotion + 4 years of annual increment.

(3900-2800)/(4+1) = $220

I assume your annual increment for every year is about $220, and when you promoted, u get another $220 increment.

Can you fill in the ??? and which year are you promoted?
Newton's law never states salaries must increase as one's age/experience increases.... hehehe With the influx of cheaper, younger, faster workers, our salaries may start to decline after 35. If the younger/cheaper has no family in Singapore, he/she can work 24/7, no increment for us liow.......

Earning 7k at age 32 does not means will be earning 15k at age 42 these days........
Remember the day when Lehman Bros staff all asked to pack up? DBS VPs packing up into their MPVs parked near ShentonWay? Those guys were earning good pay!! Some of them now still jobless and selling insurance/property.......

Acid test for your job:

1. Every morning when you wake up, do you feel like rushing to office to work? You wish the bus/car could travel faster? Can't wait to reach your desk to start work?

2. Every evening, do you feel reluctant to go home? You feel like bringing pillow to sleep in your office?

If both ans are YES! Congrats, you have the dream job! If no, better go find another job....