Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Everybody say that.

My condo security guard confided in me that he was once the CEO of a company. What he said was true. I know him from NS days and I remembered then he was already very business minded. He told me there was a lot of demand for cleaners and he was going to set up a company to provide cleaners when he completed NS.

When we met again during ICT, he told me about his business. What I didn't know then was he was the business owner or as he called himself the "CEO".

Then business was very good. He told me he secured cleaning contracts for Changi Airport and with that he does not need to look for other business.

But the turnaround came and came very quickly, when the supply of foreign workers dried up. He couldn't keep the business profitable with a shrinking pool of workers and in a very short time he was out of business. After trying his hand at our businesses without success, he ended up working as a security guard.

Unfortunate for him, he invested all his earlier profits into his company and it folded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was not good enough to be the top guy but good enough to stay long. I was hoping to be the CEO or at least CFO.