Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My wife and I are in our early fifties. We don't earn so much, only a total of $150k pa. In 2005, we sold our flat and upgraded to a resale condo which we bought for only $600k. We used the sales proceeds of selling our flat to pay as down payment for the condo. We took a small mortgage and paid the loan off last year. We are happy with our achievement so far since we are now debt free.

We will continue to work hard to prepare for retirement. We are saving $50k pa. When we retire, we will sell our big condo and buy a small studio condo for the two of us. We will find a condo near an MRT station and shopping amenities so that we can give up our car and will stop employing a maid.
How come you cannot get bored everyday telling people how much you made and how much you spouse made.

I know pretty well everybody come to this forum all are very well educated and make a lot of money. Those who make little will find no time for all these nonsense as they have to make a living even late at night or over the weekends.

So whether you make a million a year or not, just keep it to yourself. Don't ask if you can afford to retire by 65 or 75. Always remember, third world country people still can survive with less than a dollar a day.......