Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I may not have $500k disposable cash, maybe $200k
But I don't have any debts now and wife has a stable job and willing to support to tide over
Just that I am thinking it might take longer (6mth to 1 year) to land another job
That would another kind of mental stress....
Sigh.
Good to know that your wife is supportive of you quitting. This makes it less stressful for you. How much is your wife earning? How much is your HH expenses? If your wife earns $200k pa and your HH expenses is $100k pa, effectively you don't need to spend any of your cash savings. This gives you less stress to get a new job immediately. To make your wife happy, you can tell her that you will send and fetch her to and from work everyday so that she won't have to be in crowded buses and MRT or get frustrated of not getting taxis when she needed it most. She also save on transport costs especially the expensive taxi fares.

You can also offer cost savings actions by not employing a maid and you do the work of the maid. In this way, you save on maid cost of $1000 pm. This will make your wife happy since she will have convenience of travel and a house husband (at least for the moment) to take care of the household. You can always employ a new maid once you get a new job.

Your new role can actually save $20k pa so your HH expenses drop to only $80k pa which can be covered by your wife's $200k pa salary.

What do you think?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app