Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2010, 05:53 PM

zara90210 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm actually not any better also.

I'm a 28 yrs old science degree holder(pass with merit). Work for 6 years in the private sector. Currently earning only $3.8k per mth. If include bonuses and AWS, my annual income is about $62k for this yr.

My gross pay seems v little as compared to pple in the civil service.. Saw some posting, there are civil servants who earn $4.5k to $5k after working a few yrs. hmm.. I actually tried applying for civil service job in 2006/2007 and was accepted. However I was given a low starting pay of $2.9k and need to work shifts during weekends and evenings. Basic pay without shift allowance is only $2.5k. Even when I apply for teaching, they only offered me $2.5k. So decided to stay with current job.

Wonder when can i even earn $5k per mth? Seems so far to reach... After looking at this forum, was wondering whether I can try applying for civil service job again.. The pay scale seems much better than before.
With such lousy academic credentials (you don't even have Honours), you better stay put in the private sector. The private sector is more about the number of years 'clocked'.

In the civil service, it's more about quality paper qualification. You can 'clock' far less number of years in civil service, but still earn more than someone who has been 'clocking' far more number of years in private sector.