Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Have you tried looking around for another job?
Sometimes it's better to just hang on to a shitty job but start looking for another opportunity
At least while you face a depressing situation, you can tell yourself that you are actively doing something to get out of it, and also being responsible to your family.
It beats going without job and income and having to worry about finding another job all at same time, which could be worse.
Furthermore having an existing employment kind of gives you some bargaining power for the next job since the new employer will likely at least match your current pay if it wants to offer you. Without a job, some may take advantage your situation especially if you are many months without a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello everyone. i am 45 this year, and married with two kids. i make about $10k per month with US MNC. my wife is also working and earns about $10k per month also. recently i have been transferred to a new role under another boss. unfortunately the job scope has drifted, and it is causing me undue stress. i have spoken to my boss, but chose to ignore on it. i am having bad anxiety, and keeps waking up at 2am or 3 am midnight. I dont think it is getting better. i think i have to quit. however at my age i dont think i can get another similar industry job with this salary level. i want to ask the people out here if there's anyone of similar experience? i have paid up my HDB and a paid up new car, so i basically debt free. please help to advise me. thank you.