Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Depressed
Thread: Depressed
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contentment View Post
Yes we r on track but $888k in 20 years time is nothing to shout about. Many of my sec school classmates in legal and medical fields are earning this amount on an annual basis. Though I tell myself to be contented but cannot help but look over my shoulder occasionally especially during annual class gatherings where people will size my up and ask how I am doing. I get dejected always after such functions but recover quickly enough for the rest of the year. In fact I deliberately missed this year gathering so that I dun have to sink into the occasional depressive state. I am much happier now.
Don't compare with others who are more successful than you. Look at those with less. Count your blessings. Be happy that you have a home, a wife and a child. Don't take these for granted. Stop going to all these reunions, they are just events for egoistic people to boast.

Happiness is not about how much you have. Those with fortune may not be happy as they always worry about losing their wealth, they may have rocky marriages and their children have strained relationship with them due to years of parental neglect.

Invest your time in nurturing loving relationship with your family. This is more meaningful and lasting.