Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2015, 03:46 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

You are right about pt "a". Things have changed.
I think i need an upgrade on my CPF knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Lazyplane,

Thank you for your comment.

I agreed with your point "b" and "c".

As for point "a", CPF just clarified that it is not possible to top up MS SA if your total SA and amount invested from SA has reached the MS of SA. Also I don't think there is any good and very safe investment instrument that can generate stable 4% (without capital price fluctuation) compared to interest given in SA.

That's why I seeking from the other poster how to achieve $1M CPF and what he did by paying back the loan taken for property from OA.

From my current status (43yo, single contributor for HDB loan repayment (monthly payment at current interest rate $1.1K) my OA: $59K, SA: $165.8K, MA: $48.5K).

When I turn 55, my estimated CPF (12 years later) would probably be OA: $239K, SA: $369.8K, MA: $48.5K (? unknown future limit), total around $657.3K. This estimate is based on my current contribution, current limit (note the transfer to OA from MA and SA as both have hit the MS limit), include the estimated compound interest and provided I still holding on my job and salary.

Yes, I believe it would be possible to hit $1M CPF if I have sell my HDB and pay cash for my next property or my spouse has been contributing her CPF for the loan repayment.

Thanks and Regards,