Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 30yo's career -- advice from the wiser and more experienced? Int in Law/Mger/Teacher
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dude studying a full time law degree in London's gonna set the guy back at least 150k pounds all-in for the duration. That's like $330k in SGD.

He's making 3k, even if he starve himself silly he's gonna raise at most $30k in 2 years. You expect him to loan the remaining $300k study loan from a bank? Unless you can recommend bankers who can loan him this amount without any security and just an income profile of 3k a month, this is just empty talk.
Please don't exaggerate the figures.I checked the website its 15,200 pounds for a year so assuming 10k pounds for accommodation and another 10k for living expenses that's 35,200 pounds for a year which is 77k SGD(round up) x 3 years = SGD 231k.He mentioned in his initial post he saves 2.3k and spends only about $700 so if he has been saving,he should have 50k easily.Now for the next 2 years he lives the same lifestyle,being a miser,works at a private institute,gives home tuition,can't he not save up another 50k? That's 100k in the bag now wouldn't you not get 130k loan from the bank by putting your studio apartment and your job as security? He might have to work another extra year to restrict his loan to 100k.Btw I have no clue whether after UOL diploma,he can progress to UOL LLB year 1 and then transfer to year 2 at a reputable institute(recognised under Singapore law bar) which will be more affordable.He can check that out himself and see what works best for him.This guy is a miser,he spends only $700/month not save only $700 :P

If he can get the grades then I don't see why it is not possible.That is completely up to his capabilities.And if he really think it's not possible,then let him do A levels lor fight for his seat among the 250. - "No pain,no gain"