Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 30yo's career -- advice from the wiser and more experienced? Int in Law/Mger/Teacher
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think anyone brought up UOL/SIM in this thread. Your own inferiority complex about it made you write a whole wall of text that frankly I can't be assed to read through. I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for but you could've just asked a simple question instead of posting retarded crap like your PSLE results and how you can't be a lawyer.
chill. what is wrong in stating psle. In Singapore, all of us care a lot about psle. If one doesn't have good psle, then the future of our kids will be bad. Don't we all pay a lot just so that our kids do well in psle?

Next, the guy has confessed that he has not done well compared to his peers. Most of his friends are successful now. Put yourself in his shoes. How will you feel if all your friends, with whom you used to study, laugh and joke around, have moved so far ahead of you that it is close to impossible to reach them in their status in Singapore. Self efficacy and self esteem takes a lot of hitting.

To get over this, one would run away from the situation. And that is what the guy did. he left Singapore so that he could live a life away from all the competition and constant knowledge and fear of how his friends were doing. and after staying away from home, he is deciding to come back and now he has the biggest hurdle in life - how to show face to all his friends whom he might be hiding from.

He has taken a huge step by planning to come to Singapore and start fresh. I salute this guy. Not everyone will say that they they were a failure and not everyone will want to start from the bottom even realising that his friends might be the hiring managers in many companies now.