Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 30yo's career -- advice from the wiser and more experienced? Int in Law/Mger/Teacher
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Verified Member

harrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think you should just continue teaching overseas or do freelance / contract tuition in Singapore. You are obviously not cut out to be in the corporate world and honestly I doubt you will even survive as a bottom end associate. Applying for middle or senior manager job with your kind of profile is just suicide. As for the lawyer thing unless you really are damm super passionate about it, really no point wasting $80k and a few years on it.
Sure, I doubt I can compete even with a mobile phone shop salesman who earns 3k+!!!, given that I only graduated among the top 10% for Primary school, secondary school, degree and post grad. I mean, it is obvious that I am a am pretty dumb person.

Just to clarify, perhaps I wasn't obvious enough, I did not apply for middle/top management jobs, I am looking to get on the ladder (possibly as a management trainee. associate, etc) and become a mid level manager in possibly 3-5 years' time. Most of the jobs I applied for were pretty junior jobs.

Too many capable graduates and experienced managers in Singapore? We all know how great the top guys are.

Cheers. Yummmmm seng la! Long time no go Sing-ga-pore coffee shop drink beer, wan find go-od job can get some beer money mah!