Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

I know how you feel as I am also recently retired. The euphoria of sleeping and waking up late and not having to rush to work has all but disappeared. Now things are starting to get boring.

Besides missing seeing the monthly salary credited into my bank account, I also missed looking forward to holidays and weekends. Now everyday is the same. Holiday or not is the same. Last week, I had a little fever which didn't go away after self medicating with Panadol and resting. So after consulting the doctor, out of habit, I asked for the receipt only to remember that I cannot claim from my company anymore :-(

I am now fully responsible to plan what I was to do each day, instead of my boss. Admittedly many of my plans, planned the night before, were either changed or totally abandoned. There is no push anymore to get them done. No more worries about getting bad assessment from my "boss". I am now my own assessor.

I don't "watch" TV these days, instead I surfed Tv channels, not focusing on anything in particular, a bit aimless.

I tried to exercise more, but the body is ageing and can only take so much. I called my buddies for tennis, but they are busy working and can only play on weekends.

What to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just 2 years ago, I was still regularly comparing my salary with others using the salary.sg website. I would compare against the working population in general, then against only male workers, and finally against workers in my age group. I was in the top 5% of income earners 2 years ago, then it dropped to top 10% last year.

After I retired, all these comparisons become meaningless. Suddenly I have no more work income, only passive income.

Now my only concern is to hope that my passive income can keep pace with the median income. But it very hard if I have no more work income to invest to generate more passive income for each passing year!

The median income for 2014 was $3770 per month per person. Our passive income for 2 of us is $10k pm currently, so we still have some buffer.