Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How to start at a Bank!
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That basically sums up your main problem, it's a typical mistake made by youngsters. You do not know or really care about any specific discipline or skillset, thinking that as long as you can "get a foot" everything will open up.

If AML is truly your passion, why are you applying for random jobs like branch sales that has nothing to do with AML? Please don't tell me it's this nonsense about as long as I can smoke my way into the bank I can "navigate" my way to the ideal jobs I want.

If you had even half a clue of how banks are structured and career mapping is done, you would have realised how idiotic your plan sounds. The skillsets, promotion, connections you are exposed to is so far from AML you might as well just join any other industry and hope for the best.

I am OK with youngsters lusting for big money and social prestige, but at least be honest to yourself of what you want. Don't tcss pretending that you are passionate on something but display absolutely no knowledge of it and just using it as a smokescreen.
forget it lah, every season you find thousands of this kind get buried and life goes on. u really think she care abt what anyone here say meh? she cannot even secure a 1st rd interview, just dreaming someone can share with her magic pill/advice to let her suddenly ace & get the dream banking job. come & go, not the first nor the last joker.