Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How to start at a Bank!
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Verified Member

Cassie is on a distinguished road

Woah there! Don't pop a coronary, I swear you're getting more worked up over me, than I am getting worked up over online HR portals!
Well firstly I do somewhat know the bank structure (I have friends working in a few. Yes, I have asked them to refer me. No, it didn't work as HR rejects my application citing "No banking experience")
Anyways, regarding my lack of knowledge on AML, I do have to agree with you. I have zero knowledge on practical Anti Money Laundering. I do have, however, theoretical knowledge as I will listen to webinars (free ones, cos I'm cheap like that) and have done the online courses.
Now, you seem to have a clearer idea of the banking career path, so help me! What can I do to get into my dream job?
So far I have:
-Been applying for every AML/KYC job that appears on job boards and individual bank sites. (And other entry level bank jobs, since I want to cast a wider net after not getting replies for a long time)
-Pm-ed people on LinkedIn introducing myself and asking for a referral in :X (yea I know, creepy. Although no one replies, and rightly so hahaha! I mean I wouldn't if some random person asked me that)
-have not tried badgering the AML people on this forum yet though, I should go do it now

Any constructive suggestions will be appreciated, unconstructive ones won't appreciated that much, but hey! If it floats your boat