Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - New job - is it a period of transition or a poor fit?
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I do believe the company treat intern and perm role differently. For intern, they do not expect much from them after all they are doing internship, so not much responsibility will go to them. However, as a perm, we are being assign more task and also pressure from your superior.

I also just grad last year, and at first it was really tough for me as well, because my department is really really small, and one person have to tank a lot of work in different areas. Certainly, learning curve is part of the transition phase, but to get into the real working world, as someone said adaptability, is also important. because we just graduate and we are new to the "real working environment", so we have to get use to the environment and learn as much as possible.

Also, talk to your supervisor or manager about it and see what they can do for you or maybe review your condition to them to see whats the next step.

Transition from a student to a worker is definitely tough (all employee will tell you the same thing). Of course, dont go for post that are high and glamorous, because those post might be stressful and you might not get use to it (cause nowadays fresh grads like to go for high post when they have no experience, this will either stress them out and if they can go pass this process, they will succeed, but the chances are quite low unless you willing to sacrifice your free time or family time or your health).

Go for entry role (dont care about the pay for the first year), make sure you can adapt to the working environment well then decide your next step.

Not sure my advise is good but this is my experience after working more than a year good luck!
study to work is a big change. everyone has to be prepared to put in extra effort to get up to speed. it's not like school where you get another chance when you screw up. in the working environment you will get scolded and maybe even fired.