Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Everytime someone rich comes in ... he gets blown away by all the green-eyed monsters..

Some will say what good is wealth without health..
Some will say must be inheritance... lazy bum..

But at least I am a smart lazy bum who managed to amass that much millions..
Would I rather be the stupid hardworking person this unregistered poster is? Nope.. I wouldn't.
I think you are presumptions in assuming that we are actually jealous about your wealth & lifestyle. Nobody wants to be like you without a purpose in life, doing nothing except kopi with a shrinking number of friends, window shopping for cars and houses, while dreaming about being a top CEO who is really rich and successful and whom people respect. You managed to come into some money but still cannot fly first class or buy a Sentosa bungalow and struggling to find respect and a wife. I think its sad. Its like the tortise and the hare. You are the hare who has gone to sleep and will lose the race of life.

If you think you are being healthy by lazing around, I think you are wrong. Your mental health will deteriorate if you continue to wander around without any purpose spending your time playing with expensive toys that you can't really afford. After your mental health deteriorates, your physical health will as well. At least you admit you are a lazy bum, however most would probably disagree that you are actually smart. I think most would respect someone who is less wealthy, but comfortable with a good job, a purpose in life and a large happy family.

It's not too late. You can still reintegrate with society. When you do try to be charitable and help your fellow man rather than wallow in useless self praise and superiority. This may be the best advice you ever get.