Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Watching Millionaire Inside
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, you are wrong. This guy makes close to $1m a year, but drives a 10 yr old bone shaker car. He also has investment property.

Daughter is a top student at top JC, but these days if you want to get into Medicine, Law or go to an elite overseas university, study is not enough. You have to be top in something else like student government, sports, dance whatever to get a Government scholarship. So yes, she must dance herself into it since father has flatly refused to pay for overseas university even though he can afford it.

Oversaving skinflints are not good for their families or society.
There's really no excuse for a bank MD earning close to $1m a year to be such a skinflint, whereas I had no choice because I was earning a miserable income for the first 15 years of my working life.

It's strange this bank MD is not supportive of his daughter's ambitions as he can easily afford $0.5m with half-a-year's work. Perhaps she's his adopted or stepdaughter.

Usually parents would can afford it will send their children overseas in the event they don't clear the interviews by NUS medical or law faculties, an option unavailable to the poor.