Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career crossroad/s - Psych Major
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent View Post
I'm unsure if you've read or missed out details in my previous post but I'm currently employed as a student mentor (learning coach to be exact).

I don't have the luxury of time to weigh my options but I don't wish to take up a position that makes me second guess or short change myself. This is coming from someone who used to dread a position to the extent of suffering from insomnia (endless bout of worry + stress cum anxiety symptoms like cold sweat / migraine)
Fact is you don't have a choice. Sometimes in life you have to deal with what you have. You may think all this analysis is helping but in the end you research until you song song but nobody offer you whats the point?

Life is like that, if it dun work, make it work. If you cannot make it work, leave & look for other pastures. Doodling around has a cost also, the longer you stay outside mainstream workforce the harder it is for you to sell yourself. Nobody wants somebody who was left on the shelf too long (not fair, but life is like that).

Also the student mentor thing won't fly with your future employer, it might be something to demonstrate that at least you were not hanging around at home doing nothing, but I doubt employers will put much value in this sort of thing.

As for management trainee programs, the real ones by big mnc target the cream of the crop, not much chance for you to even make it past 1st round. The non MLM/insurance fake ones are essentially just entry level executive hire that you should try & apply and see if it works.

Bottom line is time & cv is against you. You need to widen the net as much as possible & not sit around to do all sorts of research & analysis before taking action to apply within a small area.