Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career crossroad/s - Psych Major
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent View Post
^ Well, I singled out some industries like business / PR due to the fact that I've little and close to no intentions of pursuing a career in that field. Why waste time pursuing a field that clashes with personality and which you've no interest in? (How can introverted individuals thrive in such people-centered industries like HR / Business / Marketing / Comms?)

Yes, I want to pursue a career in the industry. Willing to venture into social service sectors too.

I merely stated that the psych industry has limited job opportunities in Singapore (a fact that's known to all), but this doesn't mean that I don't intend to pursue a career within the industry.
You should only go into social services if you have the heart & passion. It's a tough job requiring long irregular hours, difficult customers and very low pay prospects. Your this kind of "willing to venture" half bake mentality won't last more than a year.

The fact is your position is weak that if I were you I will just apply as many backroom analysis or administration type of jobs as I can and hopefully can get an offer after some time. You are really not in a position to sit around to decide whether you like this don't like this, choose this choose that.