Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - quit without job
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unless you're not that keen on the job, or you feel you're a very strong/exceptional candidate for it such that you have more bargaining power than them, otherwise would advise you not to do what you described. Employers normally won't call your references unless they want to take you in already (it's def a sign they are interested in you or they won't waste time). If you refused to provide, it could backfire. Also, fyi, it's very normal for interviewers not to give out name cards.
Hmm surprisingly I was given an offer, they said the feedback was positive. I did ask for feedback and did tell them my concerns about the namecard thing but was rest assured cos it's just their culture. So I probably overthink or that I was too used to receiving name cards.

I accepted the offer cos the pay was lucrative and I need the money but somehow there's still this gut feeling inside me, I don't know how accurate it can be but just feel something is weird/off. Met my reporting superior and the hiring manager for lunch today, non-work related topics, very casual and laidback. My superior even said there's no need for handshakes!

This is a UK firm (recruitment) btw and I'm just worried of the cultural misfit. Anyone else felt weird before they start work but ended up pretty fine in the company?