Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Watching Millionaire Inside
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Default mid life

Thanks for the advice...

1. I don't really hate my job, but I don't think it is time for a change at some point to seek new challenges.

2. Yes, taking a sabatical to recharge is a good idea

3. Having a car to attract chicks is not my thing. But having a nice car is something to be considered, btw Maserati Grantrismo is a 2 door car and defintely not for uncles.

4. Paying off an investment property is definitely a trade off. It really depends whether you want to buy for yield or capital gains. I know most people who argue that buying an investment property is for capital gains as the yields are too low and you would do better investing in REITS for yield. Do agree with the concept somewhat, I took a 35 year loan to minimise the upfront equity that I have to cough out. Paying down debt early would mean that I have less equity to buy another 2-3 properties. I have not really decide yet, if the market turns south after 2-3 years, I will probably load up on more properties, but if I do not have better to invest I will pay down debt especially if the interest rates rise.

JOhn