Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career path in MNC subsidiary or small audit firms
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2015, 04:56 PM

anonymous1989 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

On the other hand if you work in something like CNOOC International which is a global trading arm, then yes you can consider yourself part of the major national oil industry. This has pros & cons as the China oil companies now are under strict audit & cost cutting due to the ongoing corruption scandal at the national level.

In my situation, it is something like this kind of subsidiary as you mention. But is it weird for a subsi(aka its global trading arm) accounting department to consist of only 2 people????? and not like departmentalise AR one department, AP one department and stuff? And since there is a corruption scandal , would it even be worth the risk for me to join?

I understand that accountant are usually hard to promote. But my plan A was say if i were to join this MNC as account assistant, i will work for few years to gain sufficient good experience and made use of this brand to jump to a much better bigger MNC and higher rank (account executive).

my plan B was to stay in my audit firm til i get to audit senior than find an MNC or government sector accountant to settle down. But i was wondering is it even possible for a audit senior in a audit firm like mine to get to MNC or government sector? Or actually audit senior if is not from Big four are all useless **** and cannot get much good prospect?

my plan C was from this small/midtier audit firm i am in jump to Big four. thereafter from Big four go to MNC. But i have been trying since day one til now 1.5 years still no news.