Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career path in MNC subsidiary or small audit firms
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2015, 02:43 PM

anonymous1989 is on a distinguished road
Default Career path in MNC subsidiary or small audit firms

Dear all, i am currently facing a dilemma. I m currently working as an auditor for 1.5 years in a mid tier firm( subjectively mid tier though as its ranking is 20++++.) and it feels like a small firm.

I was wondering the prospect that i could have if i promote to a audit senior then leave the company to say maybe working in government or MNC sector in future.

I recently gotten a MNC job offer in one of the china top oil industries. However i am worried about the following:

1) it seems like a subsidiary branch in Singapore, if is subsidiary, will there even be future career prospect?(say if i jump ship to another MNC or so in 3 years time?)
2) promotion takes 2-4 years (may or may not be promoted)
3)The subsidiary accounts department only consist of 2 people and i will be handling full set accounts. When i noted of this, it makes me feels weird. Its like a SME size in disguise of MNC. because from what i know, MNC accounting department at least for bigger ones usually has a team for AR, a team for AP, a team for GL. stuff like these.

So i am greatly confuse if this is the type of MNC people chase after or dream to go. The kind of MNC which people want to go badly are usually not full set accounts and work like an SME which i known of.

I really need you guys help and opinion and prompt replies.