Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

How old are you? If you are more than 50 and have a total net worth (you and wife) of more than $2m, you can retire now. What's the point of working so hard and not being able to enjoy your hard earned wealth?

Worst, you die at 55 and leaving behind your millions to your children who then no longer need to work for the rest of their lives and enjoying your wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Life can be tough sometimes. But we choose the path we walk and have to live with the consequences of bad decisions or enjoy the fruits of good ones.

The more important thing at the end of one's life is not how much you have achieved or gained, but what kind of a person you have become when you have achieved your goals.
For example, do you back stabbed your competitors to climb the corporate ladder? Do you act dishonestly just to make a few more dollars? Do you turn into a hermit or miser just to save a few dollars more each month? You may have the millions at the end of the day, but you may not recognize the person you have become.

Ah, I digressed. It has been a tiring day for me, shuttling from one country to another for business meetings. As I sipped my morning coffee in the airport business lounge waiting for my connecting flight, I wonder how long more I can take of this life. The money is good, but I do not have the time to spend it. I have a nice condo but spent very little time enjoying it. I have a nice conti car but it spends more time in the car park as a showpiece rather than as a utility for me.