Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Unregistered411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have a very high HH income. How much do you save per year? Since you are just married, your commitment is not high yet. So if you save $100k pa cash, you can pay down your loan over 4 years. Then you can upgrade to a $1m condo after selling your flat after MOP. Make sure you top up your CPF SA for your CPF Life.
I do have family commitment (aged parents) that i am providing for. They do not live with me and have their own property (fully paid). They are both retired, not working and not well educated, but have done their best to provide for their children.

With my parents commitment and my own household bills, cars, etc, i can probably do a min of 60k per annum of saving. Is 60k per annum considered a good percentage of saving ? with this 60k , i would take out 20k per annum over 10 years which is about 200k to do partial repayment, while during that 10 years, i would also be making similar amount of monthly mortgage totalled to about another 200k to the bank to clear the housing loan in 10 years.

Also, does it make sense to pay upfront in 4 years instead ? i would prefer to have cash on hand where i can do investments (gold, stocks, bonds). Is that a better bet?