Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lewis Phey- MS HK (S&T)
Lee Ching Wee - Citibank IB
Eliza Tay - JPM IB
Samuel Ting - Macquarie IB
Jonathan Woo - JPM AM

* all second upper, verified, or no honors because they joined straight. If not, feel free to add them on LinkedIn and ask yourself
Lewis Phey- MS HK (S&T)
Eliza Tay - JPM IB

Last known record in linkedin is intern a.k.a "summer analyst" working in investment banks, whether they got a proper investment banking job is unknown. Summer analyst is a very loose term that applies to a lot of FO operations & support function as well. There is no way to tell what is their exact role from the linkedin.

What is interesting though is that while both Eliza & Lewis were very happily updating their linkedin whenever they got an internship in a bank, their profiles basically went black after graduation, i.e. no updates at all since graduating last year & still citing their internship.

Lee Ching Wee - Citibank IB

Can't find any profile, so no comment.

Samuel Ting - Macquarie IB

Profile just says Analyst in Macquarie, doesn't mean anything. I certainly wouldn't call him an investment banker based on that.

Jonathan Woo - JPM AM

To be honest, this guy seems like the closest to the real deal compared to the first 2 profiles with nice professional photos, month by month update during school and then abandoned profile after graduation. But Jonathan Woo is a consecutive years Dean's list, i.e. top of the cohort. How does his case in anyway support your claims that all you need is a 2nd class honors?

Maybe in a technical sense you can say he managed to impress others that he got a good offer therefore decided not to take honours. True, but if you look at his academics in context he is in fact much stronger than even a typical FCH, he can hardly be used to persuade others that you don't need good academics from a good school.