Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM RMIT cant find job
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m sim grad, graduated without honours in 2009. At that time, compliance is the least glamorous job in the bank, only slightly better than janitor, that why I can get into compliance. Things got out of hand in 2012-2014 with mega billion fines from regulators. Thanks to the regulators, now, compliance is elevated to super-star status in the bank, and now, as VP of a compliance function, I get resumes from oxbridge graduates rushing to apply for 4k analysts jobs.
My advice to the sim grad, dont bother applying for compliance jobs, as u are up for serious competition. just find the least glamorous jobs and slowly rise up when the fengshui changes. dont say i never tell you hor
The poster above is right. Previously nobody wanted to join compliance but suddenly now it has become the hottest and most hip place to be. You freshies dun be such losers lah, blindly go chase down whatever is in fashion. Take a leaf out of the poster's book. He/she makes a good point: There are cycles in everything. Pick a spot that you can settle in and be good at what you do. Things will turn and when opportunity comes, make sure you see it and grab it. Chasing what's hot currently is like buying at the top of the market, you end up paying for everybody else when things turn. The sucker at the table is you...