Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Two years ago, I was at the brink of disaster regarding my physical and mental health. I was earning $180k pa but the work was hellish. I quit and took a break from work for a few months to regain my sanity. I then opted for a more sane job which gives me an income of $75k pa but I am much happier and my physical and mental health improved significantly. As they say, "health is wealth".

To adjust to my new income, I sold my landed home, cleared the outstanding mortgage, made a profit of $1m and bought a new 3 bedroom condo paying in full. I also cleared all my car and personal loans. Today I am debt free. My wife earns $95k pa and our combined income of $170k is enough for our family of four as our expenses is now only $110k pa. Our expenses are reduced as we no longer have debt. We now save $60k pa. Our total net worth is now $2m. We hope to retire in 10 years time when we reach 55.
Can you elaborate more about the physical and mental health issue... before you decided that was the last straw? Was it easy to land up in another job after a few months break, although you are willing to take on a smaller role? Hope you could share as I am about in my mid life career crisis now.