Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hav not come across any sim uol grads putting LSE in their CV though.
Im from UOL and I havent personally seen anyone's resume. But I do know quite a few friends who went to SIM-UOL but puts LSE on their facebook profiles and also in their conversation with their friends or people that they meet. But I'm just too polite to correct them in their face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not from SIM nor do i know anyone from SIM. Truth be told, I wasn't even aware it is considered a university in Singapore.

However, i notice many forummers here have a tendency to mock SIM grads, not just on this thread but on several others as well. Why is that so? Do SIM grads really suck and are yet full of themselves?

Even if their private degree is not deemed to be of equal value as degrees from NUS or NTU, are SIM grads not generally considered to hold higher qualifications than diploma holders? I would think there are many "lesser mortals" in terms of academic qualifications. If so, why are SIM grads the target of such mockery and disdain?

Just curious, cuz i know nothing about SIM.
You cant take what people say online as a correct representation of reality. People describe NTU as a 'tiong' school as well. But the PRC population there is no more than in NUS or SMU. You don't know who these people are, they might be SIM grads/students themselves.

Some of the mockery is honestly derived from SIM students themselves who make weird claims like the one above about being from LSE and also that we are somehow 'street-smart' and other university grads are not. These claims do gain a considerable amount of mockery. IMO, dont take what anyone says online seriously. Its best to just take care of yourself and let your performance at work speak for your abilities.