Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 11:03 AM

Darky_80 is on a distinguished road

Just to share.

I'm a diploma holder previously from a ministry but left to work on a start up company but met some financial difficulty so i have decided to let my partner run the business while I return and re-applied for a job back in the statboard.

Went for interview on the 2nd of april. On the day itself 2 hr before interview they call me to change the timing asking me to come earlier. Quite unprofessional but I rush down anyway as I had apply for half day leave.

During the interview on salary dicussion I stated my asking salary as 2.7k as I know from friends working in stat board HR that fresh dip are getting 1800 and dip holder with exp range 2200-2500. The head interviewer say they should be able to match and the HR rep agreed.

16th april HR email me saying I was found suitable by the panel and to wait for approval and administrative matter in a few weeks.They ask me when I could start and I said 16th may as I needed to hand over my work and HR even ask me if I could leave earlier.

I stood by the date anyway and ask if that meant i had secure the job and was offered the salary. She said no, still need approval.

1st of may, I email them to follow up and still no news, told to wait.

18th of may, HR sms me to ask if i am still available and apologized for the delay and ask me for some documentations again(I had submitted all documents on 2nd april)

Fast forward to 3rd of June. They finally gave me an offer via email but its only $2290 and said its according to a salary guideline.

Other interviews I went to their HR rep were pretty upfront regarding their offered salary. I have no idea why stat board HR rep did not highlight the salary when it should be a fix range.

During the long wait I had rejected 2 offers with slightly higher salary as I thought the stat board offer was a better deal.

Now that the offer is out in black and white I should have went with the other job offer.

Overall. Pretty bad experience. Not sure its the same for graduate though.