Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Stagnant with no opportunities
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are not alone. I am very similiar to you in terms of experience and salary and I work in a very big MNC. The thing is that we as young people are so driven that some work environment cannot provide.

A banking job is good for driven people and to move there, you got to be young and driven. Even though you have no relevant experience, worth a try and if you need to start from Local banks just go for it to get the first step in.

I've ever considered starting own business etc to fulfill the drive but never had a good business idea. I just feel that no matter which job you are in, after a while, it gets stagnant and boring.

What I am trying to say is that, take a step back and think what you want out of LIFE. LIFE is not only career so think of it holistically. Consider sidelines to kill time? Or switch a career. Taking MBA is only adviseable for those top-notch schools (no local schools), otherwise you are wasting money and time.

Good luck and find your direction. Speak to more pple and be ready to embrace new ideas.
good advice