Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Banks' Pay and Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure what the exact figures are for local students but all the bulge brackets that operate here tend to hire aggressively from top schools from outside of Singapore (ivies and top US/European/Canadian universities). I think it's inherently easier to get hired by a BB if you study at a top university elsewhere. If you're a local student in a front office function at a bulge bracket, you'll not only be competing against other top local students but also top students from around the world...period.
Please lah, that's what everyone says but they don't know how well local grads place.

This whole "competition against top students around the world" has been overblown. Trust me, MORE than enough deserving local grads with second uppers and NO fantabulous CCA records have made it to these internships/positions. I would list names, but a lot of them are my peers and friends. A simple LinkedIn search would suffice but I assure you, LOCAL grads DO make it to the Front office. And no, they are not FCH, top of the top blah blah nonsense crap that these forums like to mystify them to be.

They are your regular, hardworking students who WANT such careers and made efforts to strive in that direction. NOT everyone in a local uni wants to do banking, or FO work. Those who do, and who put in the necessary effort usually get it.