Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey D. Clown View Post
I think you've mistaken with the different director positions (as well as their payscale) in PA.

DCD & CD are on the ground (Stationed in COs & CCs) and their salaries are as what you've mentioned ($5k-$6k for DCD, $7-$8k for CD) to manage a team of 15 to 20 staff. In comparison to the private sector, this makes them akin to an AM / Manager level I suppose.

Above the CD there is the GCD (Group Constituency Director), who bascially looks after all constituencies in the GRC with the respective CDs reporting to him / her.

At the HQ level and above the GCD, there are the DDs (Deputy Director) and Directors for each of the 5 districts in Singapore (North-West, North-East, South-West, South-East & Central).

All GCDs report directly to the DDs and the Directors themselves report to even higher level Asst Directors / Directors above them (Grassroots Planning, Field Engagement, Partnership, Policy & Corporate development etc etc).

A district DD will already be in the payscale of minimum $10k. All the other higher level directors most certainly will be in the $11-$15k range as you've mentioned, If not, more.

That's the reason why the CMs, DCDs & CDs have the word "Constituency" in their titles, as they are just taking charge of their constituency. Shouldn't get their titles confused with the "Real deal" Managers and Directors in HQ level.

Hope this will be useful for people considering to apply with PA, that the DCD and CD position is not the end of your career once you've reach this position, cheers.
I think most of us are aware that there are dd / directors in HQ who are rank & pay higher. That was never the point of the discussion. The whole conversation so far is how PA has deliberately inflated the tiles of their very junior positions in order to give a wrong impression to candidates and newly join jr staff on supposed "promotion", talent progressiveness and pay prospects.

In the same vein, you do not see a ministry awarding fake titles like "team director" or "outlet director" etc then go around telling people that they are very forward looking fast talent progression citing examples of how some guy new from school after 5 years become a "team director" when in fact that "team director" is an AM that reports to a HQ manager.

This is the crux of the matter and I suspect also one of the reasons turnover so high. People come in with the wrong impression, after joining see the stress & work hours together with the broken dream that career prospects are no where as progressive as they have thought, get demotivated and leave.