Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

I can share with you some of my "darling" stocks but I also want to highlight that these shares were bought and accumulated over many years. Holding the stocks long term have worked for me. They are my "darlings" because they grew in value many times over, in addition to the yearly dividend payouts.

The stocks are Jardin C&C, Jardin Matheson Holdings, KepCorp, Starhub, ComfortDelgro, DBS and OCBC and more recently some Reits.

Looking at the stocks nowadays at their current prices, I must admit it is hard to pick potential multi-baggers. Stocks that can grow in value multiple times. In the 90s, many blue chip stocks have splitted or given bonus shares. Their value initially dropped because of the growth in the number of shares, but eventually picked up and surpassed their values before the stock split and bonus share issue. Some good examples were SIA and ComfDelgro.

If i had not invested in the shares earlier, and you asked me now whether I dare to invest in those shares, I would be hesitant. For example I would not touch those Jardin related stocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats Sir, you have truly done well.

Can you share some of the companies you are holding? Mainly blue chips?