Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Asking for advise, fresh graduate seeking first job
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, I do not know. I know if there are front, middle and back office and their roles respectively. That's why I am asking for advise.
In more literal way, I am asking how to get suitable job faster for foreigner, pte uni and low grades people like me.
I apologise if this thread offend you in anyway (from your reply's style)
Not the same guy you are replying to, but just cannot resist chipping in.

Dude you cannot even tell the difference between finance jobs and jobs within the banking industry (which includes finance and many other functions like compliance, sales, customer service, marketing, legal, ops, hr, it, procurement etc.)

Front, middle and back office is a simplified term used to define a a bank's typical business operations structure, they are not description of finance jobs. When people are asking you what sort of finance jobs you want, they are asking things like accountant, treasurer, controller, FP&A, auditor, pricing, payroll, management accounting, investments, economist etc.

Looks to me you just want to join a bank, have no idea on even basic terminology and any job will do as long as the office is in a bank. Quite surprised at this kind of laid back mentality given that you are a foreigner with just a private degree.